Join the Fantasy Sound Team!
Since 1989, Fantasy Sound Event Services has been raising the Event Industry bar in the San Francisco Bay Area by partnering with various event facilities and vendors to produce flawless events while keeping customer service as the driving force. We are known for our attention to detail, excellent customer service, and innovative approach to the event industry. We bring people’s dreams to life through our team’s collaborative approach, and have a ton of fun too!
About The Role
We are looking for an outgoing, energetic, friendly, and responsible part-time Disc Jockey to join our Livermore team. As one of our Disc Jockeys, you will have the opportunity to provide entertainment and MC services to execute everything from small gatherings to large weddings and corporate events across the Bay Area. Our Disc Jockeys go above and beyond to work with our clients, as well as other professionals, in order to ensure that every event is a complete success; therefore, it is crucial that you are a team player. While prior DJ experience is a plus, we strongly believe that there is NO EXPERIENCE necessary to be one of our Disc Jockeys as we will provide training in all aspects of the DJ position, including use of equipment, music selection, public speaking, microphone etiquette, and communication with clients.
Our Disc Jockeys work closely with both our Client Relationship and Event Logistics teams to produce and manage flawless events for our clients. You will join a team of bright, kind, and goal-oriented people who are deeply invested in creating events that our clients will remember forever! You are known as the life of the party among your family and friends and we want you to bring that personality to work!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Champion and embody the FSES culture, mission and values
- Be your energetic, outgoing, personable, authentic self
- Share your love of music in a creative and fun environment
- Flex your hospitality and charm interacting with clients, vendors, and your fellow creative crew
- Create friendships and build on relationships with key vendor partners
- Take pride in producing meaningful events
- Show off your many talents in an ever changing events space
- Never live the same day at work twice
- Have the opportunity to influence once in a lifetime events
- Experience the love from clients because you exceeded their expectations
We’re excited about you because…
- You are teachable, coachable, and not afraid of speaking in public
- You appreciate all types of music
- You are able to follow direction and work well in a team environment
- You are bright, kind, and motivated by challenge
- You have a genuine passion for providing outstanding hospitality and customer service
- You are available to work weekends and evenings
- You are authentic and excited about connecting with others
- You are energetic, outgoing, personable and people like to be around you
- You are an expert task juggler who is able to prioritize tasks
- You have top-notch organization skills and enjoy the details
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills — both written and verbal
- You have experience with Mac Computers and iTunes, as well as Facebook, Instagram, and the Google Drive suite
- You are a quick learner and are always yearning to learn more
- You’re able to lift up to 60 lbs when needed
- You have a clean driving record and reliable transportation
Why you’ll love working at Fantasy Sound Event Services…
- We are a group of bright and kind people who are motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company, blazing the way through innovation in the special event industry
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our “passion to be first”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas and collaboration at all levels
- You will be proud to say that you work for Fantasy Sound Event Services and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day!